Friday, November 28, 2014

Joy

30 Days of Thankful 2014 - Day 28 - JOY
As a teenager, I was very shy.  Painfully so, at times.  I had several close friends and lots of acquaintances, but I seldom went to parties or even dated much.  Although I acted like it didn't matter much to me I secretly longed to have a date for Homecoming or the Prom, but it never happened.  On one such occasion, I remember my mother quietly passing me a note with the following scripture on it:  "Though weeping may last for  a night, in the morning, there is JOY."  Psalm 30: 5b   I never really acknowledged it to her, I don't think, but it stuck with me for a lifetime.  It spoke to me then and many times since then.  I'm so thankful for JOY and for the healing it provides when your heart seems to be broken.   And I'm thankful for my mother, whose heart was most likely breaking for me, as well, and for the JOYful example she set for me.
Where will you find JOY today?   How will you capture it?

November is coming to a close, but I'm planning to continue with prompts through the end of the year.  I will be participating in the December Daily Project, as well, so I am hoping that the prompts I've chosen will help me to complete that album as well.   If you'd like to be taken off of the email prompt list, just send me a quick email to let me know----otherwise, I will continue to send out daily prompts as well as posts on this blog.  If you know someone who would like to join us, give them my email address or send theirs to me.  

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature