Monday, November 10, 2014

Faith Symbol

30 Days of Thankful - Day 10 - FAITH SYMBOL
I was raised in a church and my parents instilled in me the habit of attending worship from a very young age.  When I was a little girl, I went because I had to, but once I became an adult, I found myself drawn back to the church on my own.  I have attended worship, served the community, taught Sunday School and chaperoned camp and mission trips.  Each activity has left some sort of impression on my life, and all along the way, my FAITH has been growing.  I'm one of those people that doesn't have a transforming "moment" or "event", but rather a gradual intensity and awareness of God's love and the sacrifice he made for me.  At some point along the way, I also recognized that rather than a one-way conversation, He wanted a relationship with me and as with any relationship, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Over the years, my FAITH has become increasingly important.  There have been times when I felt it was ALL I had to hold on to, but I have always known that I was not alone--that I would get through the rough times and that someday I would be able to see the bigger plan that HE had for me.  I am not able to quote scripture at will and I certainly don't have it all figured out.  I still question and grasp for answers and explanations, but I know, without a doubt that God is bigger than the world I know and so is His plan for my life.  I am so thankful for that!
What FAITH SYMBOLS are most important to you?  What reminds you of the journey you have taken or the one that you are on?
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature