Friday, November 6, 2009

Felt Deer

I am co-hostessing a baby shower tomorrow for a friend at church. Alice is using browns and greens in her nursery with this wonderful bedding set. Given the forest animals and Fall season, we decided to use that as our theme for the shower, too. I made the invitations and a Baby Book/Memory album which we plan to give as a hostess gift.

Tonight, I tackled the last project-- the little deer that we want to decorate the table with. Plan A involved buying some of that really stiff felt, cutting out 2 pieces, gluing it together at the top, leaving the legs free so that the deer will stand up. Great idea, right? Well, did you know that you can't find that stiff felt in brown? I went to every store I could think of and no brown, stiff felt.

So, on to plan B.


1. Design a pattern, 2. Cut out felt deer parts, 3. Sew them together 4. And stuff. (not necessarily in that order). Well, it was a little bit more complicated than that, but not much. (This pattern and tutorial is now available on Craftsy.  Just click HERE)

They turned out pretty cute! Tomorrow I'll post some pics of the shower decorations.
Be First to Post Comment !
Anonymous said...

HEY, I USED THIS DEER PATTERN TO MAKE A BABY MOBILE! IT WAS PRECIOUS!! SHE LOVED IT!!
THANKS SO MUCH!!

Anonymous said...

I am doing my baby shower in the same theme! I love the little felt deer. Do you sell these or have any more decorations that match that same bedding with the greens and browns? I am having the hardest time finding stuff to match this theme!

Linda said...

Can you send me your email address?

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I found the pattern image on Pinterest, and I am delighted to discover your tutorial to go with the pattern. Thank you so much for sharing this. I really do I hope I can make the time to try this... they look adorable.

Davina said...

Is there any way you could post this pattern tutorial on your blog? Scribd wants me to pay them for it! :(

Davina said...

Can you email me this tutorial? Scribd wants me to pay for it. :)

Linda said...

Davina--Can you send me your email address?

Davina said...

davina.leezer@gmail.com

Amber said...

I was wondering if you could send me the tutorial? My girls would love these.

Linda said...

I'd be happy to send it to you if you send me your email address. You can also go to the "Projects" link at the top of the page and download it yourself. GOod luck--I'd love to see photos of it when you are finished!

Unknown said...

I was wondering where did she get the bedding set from?

Unknown said...

Where did she get the bedding from

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature