With a little unexpected time off, I mostly just relaxed and hung out. But, I did manage to complete a couple of small projects.
Project #1 - I've been working on my One Little Word project and trying to find ways to not only complete the prompts, but to make improvements related to my word (HOME). This month's prompt was to create a vision board utilizing pictures, quotes and phrases. I cleaned out a stack of magazines, snipping meaningful pictures and words as I went and used a piece of patterned scrapbook paper as the base. Instead of making something to hang on the wall, I made the vision board 8.5" x 11" so that it would easily fit into a page protector in my album.
Project #2 - Monday afternoon, after Ron got home from work a little early, we drove down to the duck pond to take a look around. The sleet was bouncing off the hood as we parked and I suddenly realized that I needed some sort of rain-proof covering for my camera. I found a plastic bag in Ron's truck that I was able to wrap around the body of the camera, but I really needed something more substantial. (I've been meaning to make something for a while). So, yesterday, I did a bit of measuring and drawing and cutting and sewing and came up with a "camera rain jacket" using some laminated cotton and gray minky that I had on hand.
I made an opening on the bottom to accommodate my camera strap . . .
I decided to make a velcro cover on the "lens end" to allow photos to be taken without taking the camera out of the jacket. It is sewn onto the jacket on the top so that I won't lose it---I'm notorious for losing my lens covers!
Yesterday evening, I took it out for a trial run and it worked great! (please disregard the mess in the bedroom)