Thursday, February 5, 2015

He's Here!!

Baby B has arrived!!!  Despite all that "intuition" I felt about him coming early and Callie's hopes that he would be born on her birthday, he reminded us all that it is "not about us!"  It has been hard enough being separated from Jana and Rob by 764.47 miles under normal circumstances, but, being that far from them when their first child is born?!?!  Almost unbearable!!  

Thank goodness for technology, because Rob kept us up to date, beginning with this text.

I spent most of the night, lying in bed, wide awake, with my phone right next to me, waiting for updates.
Little baby B made his appearance in the wee hours of Monday morning, and needless to say, I didn't sleep a wink until he was born. . . or much afterwards for that matter.  But, that first photo we received was worth every minute of awake time!!!
After school, Callie and I had a Facetime chat with them, which was the next best thing to being there.
I'm pretty sure that baby D is very excited about meeting his new cousin!
They went home yesterday, wrapped in the soft white gown and top-knot hat I made for him a couple of months ago.
Now the adventure really begins for them!!
I am headed to South Carolina in the morning.  I know that my time there will not be nearly long enough, but I can't wait to get there and to hug their necks and snuggle baby B!!


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature