Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday Morning Sewing

This is what I've been up to this morning. Our church has a contemporary worship service which uses a multi-purpose room each week. While the altar area stays intact for the most part, the seating often must be re-arranged for various events. In an effort to provide a way for people to offer prayer requests or receive information, we needed something that attaches to the backs of the chairs that could hold a pen and relevant info. A couple of years ago, I designed these handy-dandy pockets that have velcro on the back. Some of the chairs also have velcro attached to the backs, so we could just stick these on. (this is kind of like our chairs)However, the service has grown considerably and we need LOTS more pockets. And since I'm making new pockets, I decided to fashion a better way to attach them---one that could attach to the "loop" that is at the top of each chair. Here's what I came up with. (If you have any use at all for something like this, these directions can be downloaded in .pdf format here) This one is stitched with white thread so the stitching would show up in pictures, but normally I will be using thread that matches the fabric. Actually, I'm not hoping to pass the directions and materials on to a few other people that I'm recruiting to work on the project. Well, I'm off to Joann's now. I'm hoping to whip up a new purse this afternoon after a killer workout at Mosley's!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature