Saturday, June 6, 2009

Margaret Bag

I did it! I started and finished a new purse. Elizabeth at Oh Fransson designed a great purse that she calls the Margaret Bag. I downloaded the pattern and tutorial and got to work. I had the navy fabric and the floral lining in my "stash", but I had to make a trip to the store for interfacing and flannel. She uses a great method of sandwiching flannel between two layers of fusible interfacing to provide a more stable body. This does make the layers really thick and sometimes difficult to sew, but it worked great!! The hardest part for me was doing the top-stitching around the purse at the very end. That's not usually difficult for me, but this time the layers were so thick and stiff that I really had to be careful. I love the finished product, though!!!Now I need to get busy and get this place cleaned up so I can pack my bags for tomorrow!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature