Saturday, June 27, 2009

Round Robin--WIldlife

For this challenge, the theme is "wildlife". Our instructions were: "Anything that fits." (you can check out the other Robins over here) Well, given my recent trip to the Bayou Pierre Alligator Farm, I had a few that fit this topic. Since these were taken at a farm, I'm not sure that the gators are technically considered "wild". But, once you see them lunge after a few pieces of meat, any question in that area is pretty much cleared up. Of course, the birds were wild---and kept a healthy distance away from the gators! But, this one is my favorite of all! This dragonfly looks like she is smiling as she stands on her head, high above the gators' heads! Pretty wild!
Be First to Post Comment !
Sandra said...

Great photos!! Love the ones of the alligators, you captured that one with the open mouth very well. I love the red wing black bird, and oh the dragonfly, how did you ever catch it sitting still, that is a priceless picture. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic shots, perfect for the theme. The last one is my favourite! TWO THUMBS UP!

You're cordially invited to comment on my entries.

Have a good weekend.

ps: Love the song on your BLOG!
Thanks!!

Carly said...

:)

Hi Linda :) Great photos, but my favorite is probably the dragonfly. She is just so graceful!

-Carly

betty said...

loved the dragonfly picture! awesome how you were able to capture it like that! in my book, LOL, an aligator in or out of a farm is still wildlife :)

very nice entry!

betty

Nancy said...

yes, wildlife indeed! And my fave is the dancing dragonfly!

Nancy
http://nancyluvspix.blogspot.com/2009/06/wildlife-neighbors.html

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great dragonfly! That gator is most certainly in the wild division! :)

Anonymous said...

Loved all the photos, especially the alligators.

Suzanne R said...

I would consider even farmed alligators "wildlife." Are they farmed for their meat? I've never taste alligator and probably never will. LOL! Love all the pics but especially the delicate dragonfly.

Linda Judd said...

I'm quaking in my boots right now, just looking at those gators! Yipes! And the little dragonfly is such a wonderful picture! I love the sharpness against the blurred background. Nice work!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Very cool. I love the way the gator seems to be trying to lunge out of the photo!

Jama said...

They are still wildlife to me, even thought they're in a farm/park/zoo since these animal are never tamed enough to live in our home! I like the second photo.

Vicki ~ FL said...

I love the balancing dragonfly the best and you did a great job in capturing that alligator waiting for the food he is soon to grab!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature