Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Photo Editing

I finally signed up for a Photo Editing class using Photoshop. I purchased the Adobe Creative Suite when I bought my computer, but haven't taken the time to learn how to do much on Photoshop. I could change the size of a photo, but that's about it. When I was signing up for Jessica Sprague's free class yesterday, I decided to go ahead and take one of her other classes in preparation. It's been lots of fun and I'm really learning how to do it. The great thing about her online class is that if I ever get stuck and can't remember how to do something, I can always refer back to the lessons because they will be available to me forever through her website. Pretty cool, huh?!

So, it's time to show you what I've learned. Yesterday I learned how to manually adjust a picture and to adjust a picture using RAW editor.
Here's a before picture----not a bad photo, but the colors were really WAY off:
And after correcting the colors, here is what the picture looks like:Today I learned how to convert the picture to B/W --- both automatically and manually (which produces a much more interesting picture) . . . Convert it to sepia . . . and colorize or add color tint to a picture.I've done a few of these using some automatic controls in some simple photo editing software, but there is so much more control doing it manually and these look so much better!! This class is so easy to follow---she really walks you through each step and allows you the opportunity to practice with both her samples and some of your own. I hope that completing this class will prepare me better for the free class on "brushes and frames" that is coming up.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature