Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rule of Thirds

Maybe the reason it's called Rule of Thirds is because it takes me 3 times to get it right. I've been practicing my Shutter School lesson whenever I get a chance. Sometimes the pictures turn out right to begin with, but other times it takes several shots to get the balance right ---often three times!! Here are a few I took this evening:

Shot #1--Not bad, but kind of boring.Shot #2--a bit better. I can see the thirds, but it is just a little blurry.Shot #3---Much clearer and more interesting, I think! (I love that tiny bud at the bottom!)Then here's the next one:
Shot #1--I didn't get the "thirds" at all in this oneShot #2---This one (obviously from another angle) is interesting and I can kind of see the "thirds"Shot #3---I kind of like this one----I cropped it a little bit on the bottom, so now it clearly uses the Rule Of Thirds and I like the way the sun glows through on the right.
And my last one----this time, I got it right the first time. This is unedited and my favorite from this batch.
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

looks like you're getting the hang of it! i love the purple flowers. what are they?

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature