Friday, June 26, 2009

The Digital Age

I've spent the little bit of free time I've had this past week learning the basics of Photoshop for the use of editing photos. I learned SOO much and it was really fun. I took tons of notes and of course, the lessons are available to me at any time, so I can always refer back to them if I need help.

As part of Jessica's "Birthday Bash", she has been offering lots of freebies, too. My daughter, Jana, studied design in school and mastered digital scrapbooking quite some time ago. Each time I see one of her layouts, I'm always so amazed at her talent! I'm still a paper scrapbooker because I love the textures of the real thing. But, I've been sort of intrigued with the digital process.

Today, I noticed that Jessica offered a mini-tutorial with a free layout, so I decided to stick my toe into the water and see what it is all about. It was so fun!! I can certainly see how this could become another crafting addiction very quickly! For me personally, I will probably stick to paper crafting, but I definitely will use some of the techniques learned in some of my layouts. Here's my finished layout (template compliments of JessicaSprague.com).
Now, I think I'll see if I can figure out how to spruce up the lettering on my Blog Header!
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

It looks so awesome. I'm so proud of you!! :) you know another good thing about Photoshop... You can decrease the horizontal width of that photo so my face doesn't look quite so fat!!!:))

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature