Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Bag

I've been coveting the camera bags over at Tracy Joy for quite some time now. I really had no need for one with my small point-and-shoot, but I still liked them. Now that I have a larger camera, I definitely need a better way to carry it than in my purse. Something fun and stylish, right?

While I love her bags and am sure that they are worth the price, given the workmanship involved, they are way out of my price range. So, I decided to combine a few features from various bags and make my own.

I used a heavy weight, black vinyl fabric for the body of the bag and a decorator-weight print for the flap. Like the bags pictured above, the flap is removable, so I can change it out as my heart desires. Here are a few pictures during the process.
And here's the finished product. I'm really pleased with how it turned out---in fact, I love it!! The only mess-up I had was that I sewed the strap adjusters on backwards. It would have been better the other way, but I decided against taking the thing apart to fix it because I think I can live with it just fine like this. This is not a padded bag, so I actually would eventually like to add a couple of separate drawstring bags for the camera itself and for lenses, but it's roomy enough inside to carry things from my purse, too (which will eliminate having to carry around 2 bags).

I'm hoping to create a tutorial soon, but right now, you'll have to excuse me. I need to go take some photos of Dan and the alligators
Be First to Post Comment !
debbie said...

Great job! I love it!

JJB said...

That's pretty awesome!!! How stylish you will be!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature