Friday, June 19, 2009

A Mystery

Since I didn't have to work much today, I was able to do a little bit of house-cleaning (in addition to killing time). Tucked away in the back of a cabinet was the accessory box that came with a vintage sewing machine. The machine itself is housed in a great old wooden cabinet and belonged to my Jim's grandmother, Roxie. She passed away 22 years ago and since I was the only one in the family who sewed, her husband, Claude gave me the cabinet and machine. The cabinet serves as my bedside table, and since I've never even used the machine, I stored the accessory box away and forgot about it a few years back.Before taking a load of things to Goodwill this afternoon, I decided to take a quick look inside the case to see if there were any great vintage sewing supplies. Not much there, except a few small sewing samples. It seems that the Slant-o-matic 500 was from the year 1961., which was of course, "the greatest sewing machine ever built."

As I was putting items back in the box, I noticed a piece of paper stuck to the bottom and upon turning it over, found this picture. Unfortunately, there is no information on the back so the identity of this beautiful lady is a mystery at this point. Could it be Roxie when she was young? I'm not sure, but intend to do some investigating to try to find out. Isn't she beautiful?!?!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature