Sunday, September 14, 2014

An Instagram Album - August Break

I enjoyed participating in the Susannah Conway's August Break Instagram project so much that I wanted a way to preserve those photos in a more tangible way.  Sure, I can always go on Instagram and search for the hashtag, but I still love having something in my hands that I can flip through from time to time.  I also wanted to express myself creatively without spending tons of time doing it. While shopping at Hobby Lobby with Jana, I purchased a couple 4'x6" watercolor paper pads.
With the LSU football game on screen in the living room, I spread out my supplies and set to work.  I traced the 4x4 outline on each piece of paper then painted the surrounding area.
I didn't spend much time or thought on it, but instead just brushed colors on and let them dry.
I generally get my photos developed at Walgreens because it is so convenient to my home and there are always coupons for the processing.  Having the app on my phone made ordering the Instagram photos so easy!! I just trimmed the photos and attached them to the paper.
I mounted each photo on a card and wrote the prompt and the date.  Because I used 4x6 paper, they pages slip easily into a brag-book style album.  I found this one at Michael's for $1.99, but they might even have them at the dollar store.  I slipped out the cards from the front and back covers and traced around them before painting.  On the front, I did an Instagram icon and for the back, I just made stripes. Easy peasy!
The last little touch I added was ribbon.  I punched two holes in the middle of the spine (which is easy to find on these brag books) and pushed ribbon through each, tying it in a bow on the back.
Such an easy little project and makes me more likely to look back through the photos than if they were only on my phone.
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

Oh, I love the way this turned out... I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my September Snaps photos.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature