Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Toys For All Ages

Toys!
Yesterday morning, I bundled up with long undies, jeans and polar fleece and headed to our church parking lot to hand out gifts for Toys for Tots. It was well below freezing, but the line of people began to form even before the designated time.We'd been afraid that there weren't enough toys for the crowd coming, but just like the "fishes and loaves" story, there was plenty. People arrived continually and yet the gifts held out.

This morning, I signed up for the Round Robin Photo Challenge. Knowing my love for birds is enough to make me want this cute little guy on my sidebar, but more than that, I'm hoping to spark some stories to tell and another chance to improve my photography skills. My first challenge will be to photograph and tell the story of a favorite toy.

On today's "To Do" list is wrapping gifts. While no actual toys for kids this year, (those have already been mailed to the appropriate homes), I'll be wrapping things for us grown-ups and grown-up kids to play with.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature