Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Chores (cont.)

Last weekend I talked Ron into taking me to Lowe's to pick up new doors for the bedrooms and bathroom, but instead he was recruited to help his daughter install a new hot water heater.

So, this morning I picked out four new doors,
hinges and new doorknobs, too.









Amazing that the handles cost as much (and could have cost more than) as the doors themselves.


So while Ron was outside doing this . . . I was inside doing this (I actually installed it all by myself)! It took the entire day to install all 4 doors--the doorway to my bedroom was far from square--but I so appreciate having such a great neighbor. AND a great friend who shares her husband with me for handyman projects!! After the doors are painted, I can finish installing the door handles, but the project is almost finished!

I treated them and their daughter to pizza after we got the last door hung. But, I'm afraid that Ron will be having ibuprofen for dessert!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature