Saturday, December 6, 2008

Put Up The Tree----Check!

Well, in my long list of Holiday preparations, I finally have a few accomplished! Most of my Christmas gifts are ready now and I've almost finished the ornaments for the swap. And now my tree is up! YAY!

Last night, I pulled the tree out of the storage building and attempted to put it together and set it up. One of the large bolts was missing from the tree stand so instead of standing up straight, it tipped severely to one side. In fact, it eventually ended up like this. I tried to "fix things" with tape and pieces of mat board under that leg, but finally resorted to going back outside in the cold with a flashlight to search for the missing bolt. Luckily, I found it and the tree stood up on its own.

This morning, I put up the small tree that I purchased a few years ago to hold my Swap ornaments and had fun thinking about each one as I placed them on the tree. Unfortunately, that tree is very interesting to Emmi, too, (yes she is actually trying to eat the pretty felted wreath ornament) and I've had to place a barrier of boxes around it to keep her away. Not so pretty, but maybe she'll learn to stay away. I'm going over to Monroe and Ruston for the night, so it will be interesting to see what I find in the living room when I get home tomorrow!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature