Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Lone Cow

"I," said the cow, all white and red.
"I gave him my manger for his bed.
I gave him my hay for to pillow his head."
"I," said the cow, all white and red.
--lyrics from "The Friendly Beasts"

It all began so simply, just as Jana's did . . . .with a lone cow.
Hers was found in a toy box at her grandmother's house years ago that grew with each birthday or Christmas.

As I began to decorate for Christmas this year, it dawned on me that I no longer had a Nativity scene to display since Jana had moved Fontanini set to her new home. I had a couple of manger ornaments, but no complete scene.
So, when I spied the lone cow at a Hallmark store closing sale just before Christmas, I decided to begin a collection of my own.

Saturday, while shopping a couple of sales in Alexandria, I found the Holy Family.
And while there were no shepherds or wise men on that table, there was a drummer boy. So my collection has begun! At least the main characters will be on display next year! (with a couple of stable spectators)
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature