Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Robin or Sparrow?

"I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me." --Gospel hymn by Civilla D. Martin

This is the final day of the Macro Challenge and I love this last picture. This afternoon, I was returning to my office after several IEP conferences in a row and one very difficult behavior session with a child. I was feeling rather "worn out" as I pulled my cart full of paperwork with my laptop perched precariously atop it. As I walked through the parking lot, I passed behind the dumpster to go in a "side" gate. And right in front of me I saw this:
a very tiny bird's egg.

I stooped to look at it closer. The way it was laying, at first I wasn't sure if it was broken or not, but when I turned it over, I saw that a tiny baby bird must have vacated it recently. I scooped it up, placed it in my sunglasses case and carefully put it in my purse to take home.

Funny how something so small and so simple can fill your heart with joy.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature