Saturday, April 5, 2008

Macro Challenge


"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."--Dorthea Lange

Okay, so I"m a few days late beginning, but how about 25 day photo challenge???? While catching up on some blog reading, I noticed that Kleas is participating in thirty day photo challenge. Sounds like fun, so I think I'll join in! Orange_30day_badge_2
Here's my first photo:
This is a small figurine that Valine gave me last week. She found it at an antique shop and thought of Callie playing her violin. She is sitting on my piano with my collection of "violin bottles" (some of which you can see in the background). I don't even play the violin, but love music and since I have been teaching violin theory to little children for the past six or seven years, it's been a fun thing to look for in antique shops. I had not noticed it before I took this picture, but the little eyes on this girl remind me of the eyes that my mother used to paint on hundreds of tiny ceramic animals in preparation for the church's Easter sale.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature