Friday, April 18, 2008

G.R.A.C.E.

"G.R.A.C.E.---God Reaches All Children Everywhere."

I have a small rocking chair that once belonged to my parents. And before them it belonged to my grandparents. It sits in my living room now and has this beautiful cane back--intricate and pretty.

In my "someday I am going to . . ." posts, I should mention that someday I'm going to rock babies. I love rocking babies and dream of having the time to go rock tiny babies in the hospital nursery.

But, tonight I'm going to rock babies. Well, not really babies---these will actually be toddlers. And, well, there might not be a rocking chair in sight. But, I'm going to babysit and there may be some rocking going on somewhere. Brookwood Baptist Church has a wonderful respite service for families with special needs children. They are invited to bring their children to the church for babysitting, both special needs and their siblings, while the parents go have a night out. They do it once a month and call it G. R. A. C. E. What fun for everyone!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature