Sunday, April 6, 2008

Shades of Green

"For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver." --Martin Luther

As I returned to my house after church and lunch today, I was struck by how beautiful the Grancy Graybeard tree in my front yard was. As I looked at all the different shades of green, I thought this was the perfect subject for my next "macro project". The frills that hang from the branches only last a week or two at most, but while they are blooming, the tree has such a delicate, dainty appearance. I don't know much about this tree except what people have told me. Apparently it is an old, Southern variety most commonly seen in forests. This one was a gift given to me in exchange for making and embroidering a stole for a friend when she was ordained as a diaconal minister. I had no idea when I planted it, how much joy it would bring me each spring.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature