Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New Again??

"Everything old is new again." --Unknown

Well, I decided to take a look at my wedding shoes in an effort to begin their transformation into Callie's wedding shoes. I must admit that upon really examining them this evening, I have some work ahead of me.
The shoes are 25 years old, so I guess I should be really glad that the leather is still in really good shape--no obvious yellowing or scratches on the white shoes. Now the insides are a different story. The fabric lining is discolored with age stains and the elastic strap has yellowed a good bit, so it has to go.

I searched online looking for ideas to embellish the toes of the shoes. Surprisingly, I could find absolutely nothing helpful in this area. I found several shops offering bridal flat shoes that were embellished with
sequins and flowers, but they just seem so tacky to me. Not what I have envisioned at all. And absolutely no DIY advice or instructions. So, I'm going to see if I can bring the vision that is floating around in my head to life on my own.

While antique shopping in Warrenton last month, I found this great antique button vendor. Of course, I could have stayed there all day long---gazing at and touching all the buttons. But, I managed to walk out of there with only a small purchase---some great vintage buttons.
I just love them! They are so dainty and pretty. Surely I can transform these slippers into something suitable for a new bride's feet.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature