Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dot the i's and Cross the t's

"What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork!" --Pearl Bailey

Paperwork!! I am completely overwhelmed by the amount and extent of the paperwork involved in my job these days. Each year, I think that surely it cannot increase and every year I am surprised by how much it does. This year we are at an all-time "high". It has gotten totally ridiculous!
I feel like I could have a full-time job just managing my paperwork, and never even get to work with a child. How sad!!!! Whatever happened to the "paperwork reduction" law that was supposedly enacted in our state??? And whatever happened to just teaching children?? With state monitors arriving in our parish this week, we have all been particularly stressed by checking to be sure that all is in order. Since I have been trying to catch up for months, it seems, I have really been burning the midnight oil with forms and organization this past week. And tonight will be no different. After church and a nice lunch out with my dad and step mom, I'm at it again!! At least the end of this part is finally in sight--what isn't ready by tomorrow morning at 8:00 just isn't going to be done in time for monitors anyway, so I'll move to the next thing. Because, of course there are more IEP's to be written meetings to be held and progress report time is approaching again. . . .
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature