Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nature's Umbrellas

Maybe it's because I'm a child of the 70's . . . back "in the day", I had several room accessories in colors like harvest gold or olive green that featured them prominently. However, it's more likely it's just because they are so unique and interesting. I like mushrooms. Not to eat, mind you. In fact I don't like to eat mushrooms at all. But I find them so interesting.

After our recent showers, mushrooms have sprung up everywhere. Overnight! When you go to bed there are none and when you wake up, they are everywhere---fully grown and perfect. Just a couple of doors down, I caught this group. Some groups spring up in circles, as if they are about to play and impromptu game of "Ring Around the Rosie", but this one seemed to form a trail towards the street (could this be a Shutter School leading line??).
I love the ripples on their undersides and the umbrella shapes they open up to form. Each one is unique and so interesting.
Be First to Post Comment !
Jo said...

thats a great way of putting natures umbrellas

your blog is very serene

JJB said...

That's what my yard looks like right now too. Should I just let them grow?
Oh btw... I'm not going to get around to posting a shutter school wrapup tonight. I haven't even thought about taking pictures yet--even with you reminder comment this morning. Oops!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature