Sunday, August 16, 2009

Early Memories

Last weekend, I spent part of Saturday working on a household inventory of my dad's belongings--a tedious task, of course, but one that held some bright moments. In one cabinet I found some very old family photo albums that I've enjoyed looking at all week. A couple were my dad's when he was in the Air Force and traveling around the country as a recruiter. Who would ever have guessed that a few years later, he would settle in Louisiana, the location of several of the photos.

And then I ran across these photos of Dan and I from kindergarten. Isn't Dan the cutest thing??? We both went to Kindergarten at Noel Methodist, although we were in separate classes due to our age differences. My teacher was Mrs. Lenore and there was only one other girl in the class, Julie. In fact, it is such a small world that Julie and I discovered each other again a few years ago--both teaching preschool special needs kids here in Shreveport! Who knows-perhaps, this experience is what influenced us to become teachers?!?!I have very few memories from kindergarten, however. I remember coloring a birthday card for someone with Julie and I remember shaking cream in a baby food jar to make butter--and spreading it on saltine crackers to taste it! (hmm---my memories revolve around art and food--I think I'm seeing a pattern here. . . )

P. S. Jana, while I never noticed it before, it appears from these photos that the biting of the lip may well be a Shaffer trait that you inherited.
Be First to Post Comment !
Callie said...

Y'all are so cute!!!

debbie said...

I love these pics!!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature