Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dog Sitting Diary

Early this morning, Carol dropped off Coco on their way out of town. Coco was her mother's dog and has been adopted by her sister since her mom's death. He's been doing pretty well, but they decided it would be a bit hard on him to spend the night alone while they went to a family wedding.
Here's Emmiand here's Coco. Coco is an odd little dog---so ugly he's cute. God must have been a bit side-tracked when he created him because his eyes seem to be set a little too far apart so that actually are positioned on the side of his head. And then there's his tongue. It is too long and kind of hangs out of the right side of his mouth most of the time. With his wavy tail, he kind of reminds me of one of those Beta Fish with the "bug-eyes" and fan tails.The first hour or so, Emmi and Coco ran through the house--through the living room, into the bedroom, out the doggie door, in the doggie door, around the couch, into the computer room and then the same thing over and over again. They were so funny. Since they've calmed down, it's been fun to watch them together. Emmi is not used to sharing her space with anyone other than me, so she was not too sure about this little guy that was playing with her toys, eating her food and laying in her bed!In fact, after watching Coco for a few minutes, Emmi ran to her crate to get her "baby" and promptly hid it from Coco! Better safe than sorry, I suppose!
Neither of them can jump on or off furniture, so this is what I see each time I sit down---"Please, please pick us up!" I have a feeling that tonight I'll be watching a movie with both pups in my lap!
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

What a sight that sleepover will be!?!?

Gattina said...

If Coco would stay with me I would laugh the whole day, he has such a funny face, lol and indeed he looks really cute ! I think you will have a lot of fun with them together !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature