Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hand Stitchin'

While cleaning up my bedroom closet and gathering things that need to go to Goodwill, I ran across my favorite pair of brown linen capri pants. Unfortunately, they were dry cleaned one too many times and the fibers on the inner seam fell apart. (by the way, I discovered the large hole while wearing them at work this summer---made for an interesting way to walk and sit) Rather than tossing them in the pile, I decided to re-work them into something new for my bedroom. I cut off each leg and measured each into a rectangle, leaving the original hem at one end. Then, with light blue embroidery thread (it doesn't look blue in the picture, I know), I did some free-hand stitching. First up, my favorite word---Joy. And on the other, I stitched a few simple stems of flowers. I sewed the top and bottom together on the machine, then stuffed them with a pillow form that I cut in half. These new pillows made me smile. Can't ask for much more on a lazy Saturday!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature