Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It's Oilcloth Time Again!

It's oilcloth time again . . . and if it's oilcloth sewing time, then you know our Round Top Antique trip cannot be far behind.  Last week, I pulled my shopping cart out of the storage building and set to work making a new liner for it from my oilcloth stash.  I didn't have a pattern, so I just measured, cut and sewed.   Remember the old saying, "measure twice, cut once", well, I could have used that reminder BEFORE I cut this out.   But, my mistake in measuring the plaid oilcloth for the sides of the cart was easily fixed by using a bit of the polka dot to make up the difference.  In fact, I think I like it better.
Occasionally, it rains while we are shopping, so it is nice to have a cover that can be pulled over the goodies inside.  Plus, it provides a little extra privacy for the contents, although we've never encountered any problems with people taking things.

My cart is all ready to go now--bring on the shopping!
After I finished that up, I whipped up a little garden flag for our front yard, complete with a simple monogram.
Because it seemed a little bit short when I was finished, I added a piece of "wonky" fringe.  



Of course, no oilcloth sewing experience would be complete without making a little something for my "Flea Market Friends", and this time was no exception.   But, I can only show you this tiny sneak preview---we'll keep the rest a surprise.


To see some of the oilcloth creations from the past, click on the year:  2012, (Didn't craft in 2011), 20102009, 2008. (In 2007, I made the pockets that attach to our carts, but that was before I was blogging).

I can't wait for our adventure---better run go iron all of my "Round Top" shirts!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature