Friday, June 1, 2012

Geauxcicles to Geaux

Ahhhhhh, the first day of Summer vacation is the best day of the whole season!!   After sleeping late, and taking care of some stuff around the house, I went to take Callie to lunch.  She agreed to pose for a few photos for my class before we left (will work for food??) and was very patient as I tried to complete all the required steps.





Later in the afternoon, I picked up Katie and Megan and headed to Norton Art Gallery for a few more pictures.



Neither of them had ever been there before and we all totally enjoyed being outdoors, wandering the meandering paths.



Katie is quite shy, but I was so glad that she wanted to go with me today.



There were lots of giggles and a bit of sibling mischief, but they are quite close and it was fun to see them together.







This is my favorite picture----at one point we paused for a few minutes and I decided to take a few shots of Megan as she sat on the iron bench.  Then, out of the corner of my eye, I realized that Katie had donned an elaborate dinosaur mask/headdress that she'd brought in her tote bag.   I think this shot captures their two personalities perfectly!




I've been wanting to try out the Geauxcicles shop near my house since it opened in the fall and this seemed like the perfect time.  We were running out of time, so we got our popsicles to "geaux".
Katie chose "Chocolate Wave",



Megan picked "Sublime"



and I had "Strawberry Chance".



They were so yummy!!!


Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

i don't know exactly what a "geauxcicle" is, but I want one...

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature