Saturday, June 23, 2012

Beautiful Things---Revisited

A couple of weeks ago, I made a canvas that just didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.  I liked it a lot before I added a top coat of Glossy Mod Podge.   Unfortunately, that coat made things too glossy (I wonder why?!- duh).  It wasn't terrible, but it lost the natural texture that I had been going for.

So this afternoon, I purchased a new canvas--a little bigger than the last one--and started over.   I painted a base-coat of white paint and then dry-brushed on yellow, blue and red.




Next I glued on some lace, ric-rack and tulle.



Then, I painted the whole canvas with white paint---letting some of the colors show through.
Once it was dry, I glued on the letters.  This time I made the letters a little bit larger to fill the canvas better.




The layers of paint, left a nice crackle effect this time which I really love.  Lots of great texture and the neutral colors I was going for.  To finish it off, I glued grosgrain ribbon around the edges.





While the first version wasn't terrible, I am much happier with this one.


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature