Friday, May 8, 2009

The Good News

I teach a Sunday School class at my church for special needs adults. Years ago, my mother taught such a class for about 15 years, but as changes occurred in the church and in society, inclusion in other classes seemed to be the right thing to do and the class disbanded. In recent years, the need seemed to be there again---there were several adult members of the church with no class to attend and I felt that I was being called to meet that need. So a couple of years ago, the Good News Class was reinstated. We started small, with only 2-3 people there each week, but in the past few months the class has grown. At one time the class was just for those with disabilities, but now there is a variety of people and personalities in the class, which makes the hour we spend together each week very interesting.

A couple of weeks ago, we talked about what the "Good News" actually means. I asked each person to
draw their interpretation of that using fabric crayons and I ironed each onto a white fabric square. Now, I am busy constructing a special wall hanging to display their thoughts. Here's a sneak preview:
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature