Friday, July 31, 2009

Cutting, Cutting, Cutting . . .

I've had my Cricut out again and am finally learning how to use some of its features. Right after I got it at Christmas, things got pretty crazy around here, and I haven't used it since. So, when Jana asked if I would cut some things for her classroom, it was the perfect opportunity to get in some practice. She's come with some great ideas for decorating her classroom--fun and inspiring, but in a "cool to middle-schoolers" kind of way. So, this week I cut . . . and cut . . . and cut . . . and then packaged everything up and sent it on its way with Jordan's parents who are on their way to Atlanta for a visit. . . .
and since I had the Cricut out, I thought I might as well try something else.

I bought this new aluminum water bottle at Wal-Mart yesterday for $4!
Nice color, but wouldn't it look better with a pretty design on it?? Using some of the left-over vinyl I had left from this project, I cut out a few small designs and here it is! I like it!
Be First to Post Comment !
debbie said...

I like it! Looks like you are getting the hang of it...

JJB said...

And Jana is eternally grateful... And infinitely jealous of your awesome water bottle. That, too, would be an awesome gift for friends, antique shoppers, and teachers, too!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature