Saturday, July 18, 2009

Photo Editing

I've been taking the free class on Photo Editing over at Jessica Sprague and I'm learning so much. After learning how to do some basic editing to improve the quality of my photos, I'm now learning how to add masks, frames and such. A couple of weeks ago, I didn't even know what these were, but I'm beginning to get the hang of it now. It's really fun! Here are a couple of photos I was playing with today.

In the first one, I added a subtle texture and then text to the picture of Jana jumping at the zoo.

In the next one, I used a texture to mimic a new technique that makes photos look old. Does that make sense?? It's called TTV--Through The Viewfinder--and mimics the look of old photos with the blackened edges. It's kind of cool and I can see how it could be the perfect thing to add to certain photos in a scrapbook layout.

Here's the before . . .
. . . and here's after I transformed it to look like a vintage, color-tinted photo and added the TTV texture and a brush. Fun!
P. S. I just edited my blog header above. I like it for now, but can't figure out how to keep that right edge within the black line frame. Hmmmm. . . .
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

The header looks so fancy. I'm supposed to be working on a header for callie's music blog... Maybe at some point I'll have time to check that off my to do list.

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature