Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Here's a quick little project I did a couple of weeks ago.  I've been wanting to find some sort of new dispenser for my dishwashing soap.  A good while ago, a friend gave me a really pretty hand-painted bottle that I have been using.  (please ignore how dirty my sink is in the picture below!!)

But if you look closer, you'll see that it gets really yucky around the top.

When I was cleaning out some cabinets, I found a brand new mason jar I'd hidden away and a pump that I'd saved from a bottle of lotion, or soap or something a long time ago.

I begged Ron to drill a hole for me.

Put the pump in and used a bit of hot-glue to hold it in place.

Voila'!  A new soap dispenser that doesn't get all gunked up (not sure if that's a word or not, but . . . )

I might try to paint the brass top at some point, but for now, I'm enjoying it as is.
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

I have the same problem with my dispenser... it really is a pain! Like your solution!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature