Friday, February 4, 2011

Sneaux Day

It was so nice to sleep in a little longer this morning. I could have turned off the alarm last night since the school system had already canceled school for today, but there is something quite satisfying about turning it off and going back to sleep.

During the night, it snowed. This morning, a thin layer of fluffy white snow covered almost everything.





Then, it sleeted, making the layer of soft snow hard and slick.

(yep those are my pj's peeking out above---I stayed in them extra long this morning)
Emmi was not at all sure about the cold wet stuff that coated the grass and then once again fell from the sky. But, I loved it!! I would have been happy for it to snow all day long--especially since I had nowhere I needed to be. I brought in a few logs and settled down in front of the fireplace.

Callie and Jordan ventured out around noon and came to my house to take advantage of the central heat and wi-fi. It was nice to have them around. AND, Jordan helped me install the new light fixtures I bought for my kitchen. Here's the before----nasty fluorescent lights (only one of them worked):

And the after:

It's not a perfect remodel since there's still a bit of sheet rock work to do, but I like these so much better. It's been so long since I had both lights working, I'd forgotten how bright the kitchen could be!
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

those lights are so nice. i bet it makes a big difference!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature