Friday, February 25, 2011

One Little Word - February

I used some of the time off from work today to arrange my pictures for the February prompt of the One Little Word class I am participating in. This particular prompt required a good bit of thought and even some soul searching. To find pictures that depict what "purpose" means to me is not quite as easy as snapping a picture of a flower or cutting out pictures from a magazine. I ended up with some photos showing where I find my purpose, and others that I hope will remind me of the purpose so I can stay fresh and committed.

1. The food pantry at church 2. My baptism on Easter Sunday in 1959 3. Purpose Charm
4. Emmi on a leisure walk 5. Reminder of fitness 6. Making a difference in a child's life
7. Callie, me and Jana--family 8. Purpose wordle 9. Mexico mission trip.



I'm not especially happy with how my handwriting looks on the photo above, but I do love the quote by E. Hubbard. It serves as a reminder to me of my purpose in general, and to keep my priorities straight.
"No matter what you've done for yourself or humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?"



I often have such a hard time just doing "nothing". This picture taken in my back yard last week and the quote by John Lubbock reminds me that even rest has a very valid purpose.
"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time."
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature