Saturday, February 12, 2011

Round Robin: True Colors

Color is the theme of this Round Robin challenge. The idea is a simple one: Show us something that's unusually colorful, exactly as your camera captures it. You can rotate, crop and/or sharpen your image, but don't adjust the tone or colors in any way.

The past two weeks have been very dark and dreary for the most part, so colorful pictures have been a bit hard to come by. This photo is of a small, mosaic sign I in my front flowerbed. I like the contrast between the spring theme and the snow on the ground in front (which is a rare occurrence for us here in the south). There's even a weed popping up through the snow by the sign!

These next pictures were taken in Juarez, Mexico this time last year. Despite the fact that we stay in the middle of a desert, and work with the poorest of poor in that city, color is everywhere--
From clothes drying on a line . . .


to paper flowers in the market . . .


to the bright paint colors used for fences and houses.


We just learned that our trip for 2011 (which was scheduled for next weekend) has been canceled due to security lessons. I will miss the vibrant colors there and the people who have become my friends over the years. I pray for their safety and for an end to the violence.

Be First to Post Comment !
Gattina said...

That's a real nice variety of colorful pictures !

Scrabblequeen said...

The paper flowers have much more color than one thinks they would. Sorry you had to cancel your trip. Our church will be doing the same this year, unfortunatley.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

These are all wonderful! I can't decide which I like more: the clothesline or the painted fences. One thing that stands out in the Hispanic neighborhoods of Tucson is that everything is more colorful. I love that!

Jama said...

Those paper flowers are so beautiful! Here in Singapore it's hot all year round and we have plenty of bright colours around.

debbie said...

I love the pictures! I hate the trip was cancelled, but I was worried for my friends and I am worried for all our friends that live there! Hopefully, the violence will end soon! I know how you love this trip!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature