Saturday, June 5, 2010

Young Blooms

Today, I had the pleasure of helping my friend, Vickie, of Young Blooms, with her first big wedding job. She recently became a licensed florist and while she's had a few smaller jobs, this was the first time she did everything for the wedding--the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony itself and the reception. I was so excited when she asked me to help her out. I know absolutely nothing about flowers, but I can follow directions pretty well and I was more than happy to be the "gopher", along with another friend of hers.

Vickie is amazingly talented and very organized, so it was no surprise that she had most things all ready to go---all we had to do was load them up and set up the church. While Vickie put the finishing touches on the large arrangement, she turned me loose on the candelabras with some greenery.

From Mommy's Treasures


The church was beautiful when she finished. I didn't get pictures of everything, but you can get a taste for how pretty everything was from this photo.

From Mommy's Treasures

After lunch, we headed to the reception site. Vickie and Kathy worked inside while I decorated the walkway with branches and tulle. It was 97 degrees outside today, so I was pretty sweaty when we finished, but I think things turned out pretty well.

From Mommy's Treasures

Vickie will go back just before the ceremony to add fresh magnolias to the cluster---so pretty.

From Mommy's Treasures


By the way, Vickie has decided to do a little something extra for each couple as a surprise gift--in this case it was the decorated walkway since it only involved labor. Isn't that amazing?!?!


Be First to Post Comment !
Monica said...

What beautiful flowers and I love the walkway. I bet the bride did too! =)

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature