Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Price of Comfort

"Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort." --Helen Gurley Brown

It's only money, right? Despite having 3 small fans blowing in my room last night, I spent much of the night tossing and turning and sweating. So, upon learning that the expected high today is 105 degrees, I broke down and called for a technician to come out on Sunday. Of course, I paid double for the service call and he just came back in the house and said----"Do you want the good news first or the bad news?" Hmmmm----I'm thinking that neither sounds very good, but yeah let's go with the good news first. "I found the problem." That's it?----the good news? "The bad news----the compressor has completely blown and has to be replaced". The sales team will come out in the morning to talk to me about brand new A/C units---estimated cost is about $3500!!!!! And the even worse news---another hot night tonight. Guess I'll go to work this week after all---I need the money much worse than I need a break!!!
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature