Friday, February 28, 2014

The Refuge

Sunday was another beautiful day that felt more like Spring than Winter, although I guess this IS the way Winter feels in Shreveport at times.   After church, we changed clothes and took Joy out to the Wildlife Refuge.  It was her first real outing and she was a little skittish at first, preferring to peek out at the ducks from between Ron's legs.


But, once we began walking, she really enjoyed it.

Naturally, there were beautiful birds to be seen.  In fact, there were more cardinals that day than I think I have ever seen in one place.


It's always fun to look for tracks of deer, raccoons and other wildlife, and evidence that a beaver had been nearby.

This is the first time we've run across this sort of "souvenir".  I don't know what small animal met his demise here, but I'm sure it was a human species that left it perched in a tree.

While I took my Nikon, I had forgotten to charge the battery, so I didn't get pictures of the bluebirds that were flitting around, but we were able to get a few "selfies" with our cell phones.


After walking for about 2 miles, we decided to head back and Joy decided that the trip back was best done in someone's arms.

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature