Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I Belong With You . . .

For Christmas this year, I drew a really cool "tree" of words on my outdoor chalkboard.  Target had some paint pens in their "dollar bins" about that time, so I decided to give them a try.  I loved the way it created crisp white lines so easily.  But, with Christmas behind us, it was time to create something new on the front porch.

I took a spray bottle and paper towels out to wipe it clean, as I usually do.  But, unfortunately, chalkboard pens don't come off quite as easily as plain old chalk.

I re-read the small print on the pen (just to be sure I hadn't been mistaken about it being easily removed) and then tried again.   No luck.

I researched chalkboard pens online---everything I found stated that they are a little bit more stubborn than regular chalk and suggested using a little soap and water or even a Mr. Clean sponge.  Over the past few weeks, I have tried it all.  Along with LOTS of elbow grease!!  All to no avail.


Finally, last weekend, I gave up, bought a new can of Chalkboard paint, and started over.

I seasoned the board with chalk.

This time, I used just ordinary chalk.   The lines aren't as crisp or clean, but I know that it will erase with a little water when the time comes.

Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

I was about to say that I love that half-on/half-off look... but maybe not. The final product though is awesome! So glad that I belong to you!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature