Friday, December 24, 2010

Home For The Holidays

Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays . . .

This morning, I headed down south to pick up my brother, Dan, for Christmas. This was the perfect opportunity to try out my newest "contraption"---a holder for my iPhone while it is charging. I used oilcloth to make it and was inspired by vlijtig's tutorial, although I made up my own pattern to suit my needs a bit better. My car has no place for the phone to sit when it is connected to the cable, and so far this worked really well. It also works well along with the speaker-phone setting for hands-free talking, since my car isn't equipped with blue-tooth.


The morning was pretty chilly, and as I started down I-49, I was struck by how beautiful the sky was.


Dan's group home was once again decorated for the holidays. Like Dan said, he is lucky---he has two homes. I'm so glad that he is feeling like my house is his home now. I hoped he would, but knew that it would be hard after Daddy's death for him to feel at home somewhere else.


Shortly after we got home, my sister-in-law Kathryn and niece, Laura came over. It's been a long time since I'd seen Kathryn and it was good to get to visit for a little while.


Emmi fell in love with Laura and vice versa, it seems!





After church this evening, Dan and I came home, had dinner and settled in for the night. Time to relax and enjoy being together!

Missing Jana and Rob, but glad that they're with family!!! :-)
Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

oh I didn't know that Laura and Kathryn were in town. missing you guys too!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature