Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Making

Despite the lack of blog posts recently, I have been busy with a variety of Christmas projects. Some of my favorites I can't post yet because I wouldn't want to spoil any surprise gifts. But, here is the latest project that I can share with you. Last year, Dan "helped me" make fleece throws for the other residents at his group home. They were simple, with fringed edges, and Dan helped me cut the fringe on several of them. The guys really seemed to enjoy them and I often see them wrapped up watching TV when I visit.


Since each of the men shares a bedroom with another, and storage is at a premium, I wanted something that would not take up much room, be personal and kind of fun. This year, I came up with the idea of pillowcases.


Each is a different color and has the owner's name inside. Dan helped me pick a "theme" for each one and then I looked for fabric. I found that a bit harder than I'd first imagined, so I had to order some and then get kind of creative on others. Naturally, the Saints were a favorite for a couple of the guys, but there was also a Nascar fan, a Sponge Bob fan and several others. Dan is currently an "Elvis" fan, but I wasn't able to find any fabric for that and settled on the money motif instead (which also fits him quite well, since he LOVES to spend it!!). By the way, Emmi oversaw the entire process.


Using this basic pattern, the pillowcases were finished this morning and they turned out really great! Merry Christmas Rapides Group Home---hope the guys like them!


Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature