Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#500

Wow! This is my 500th post! That's amazing---it's like half of 1,000!!!

Yesterday, I took Dan back to his group home. It was cold, but the weather was once again beautiful.

On the way to Shreveport, a few days ago, the time passed quickly as we began looking for hawks along the roadside. There were so many! I had my camera with me and would have loved to capture a few, but, we couldn't seem to spot them in time to pull over in a safe spot to get a picture. So, yesterday, Dan was going to be on "hawk alert", looking for them in advance so that we could get one really picture.

Alas, about 5 minutes into the trip, this is what Dan did instead.


This was the only picture I could get.


After dropping Dan off, I headed back into Alexandria for our annual "after-Christmas-lunch with Valine". She drove up and met me at Hobby Lobby and then we had a nice, relaxing lunch out (where I ate WAY too much Shrimp Scampi)!! After a few more after-Christmas sales, we stopped long enough to take this photo together----it took several tries to get a shot that we could even allow online as the others were so bad. I mean, it's hard to shoot a good picture when you're setting the camera on "timer" on your dashboard and people are walking past your car wondering what in the world you're doing!! :-)
But, then, that's what best friends are for, right?!?!



Be First to Post Comment !
JJB said...

fun fun fun...obviously you wore dan out with all of your runnings about town!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature