Thursday, December 31, 2009

Friend Or Foe?

As I returned from brunch with Debbie and errands with Callie, I discovered a very distraught Emmi. She was barking, running back and forth in the house, and in and out of the doggie door repeatedly. She obviously was very scared of something in the back yard and when she finally became too frightened to go back outside, I knew it could only mean one thing---a trespasser was there and trying to get inside.

I opened the back door to find a huge, scary beast this very tiny, miniature dachshund puppy from next door.

As I stepped outside, Emmi, with renewed courage, ran straight out to the puppy. Now Emmi only weighs 8 pounds, so you can see how tiny this puppy actually is compared to her.But, as they say, "Dynamite comes in small packages", and Emmi wasn't taking any chances as I picked up the little dog and carried her into the yard.
Of course, curiosity got the best of her when this little critter began rolling around on the ground begging me to scratch her tummy.
Yet, that bravery completely disappeared and terror set in again as the little dachshund began chasing Emmi through the yard. Emmi ran into the house and only peeked out through the doggie door until I had put her back into her own yard and boarded up the crack under the fence.

Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature