Sunday, December 6, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

This weekend, I set up my Christmas tree. I have an artificial tree, but I brought it out of storage, assembled it and re-arranged its many branches. As I was putting it together, I remembered that last year, I threw away all of the old lights, since so many were no longer working. Of course, I'd forgotten that over the last 12 months, so I had not yet purchased any new ones. That called for a late night run to Wal-Mart for inexpensive lights (I've tried all different prices and there seems to be no difference in the longevity of them). SOOO, I finally made the switch to all white lights. I've always loved the multi-colored lights, but decided it was time for a change this year.

And speaking of changes, for the first time this year, the Christmas tree is decorated with only my very own ornaments--none of Jana's and none of Callie's. Well, there are a few prized ornaments that they made as gifts for me years ago,
but the rest are those that I've collected over the years. There is an abundance of Santas, a few angels, a variety of birds, and a collection of ornaments picked up on family vacations or mission trips. Here's one that is new for this year---
nestled inside the branches, it's superstition is that a "bird's nest found within a Christmas Tree will bring a year of health, wealth and happiness". I'm not particularly superstitious, but I love birds and who couldn't use a bit more health, wealth and happiness?! There's still much to be done around the house, but since I've been home from work with a really bad cold, decorations have been put on the back burner.
Be First to Post Comment !
Callie said...

any reason you're using webdings font?

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature