Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Preparations

The weekend is here and my Christmas crafting has begun. First up---monogrammed bags for teacher friends. I purchased these great oilcloth shopping bags at Pier One for just $2.99 each (thanks for the idea, Valine) They are really quite large and roomy and come in a variety of color combinations.
With my handy, dandy Cricut machine and vinyl that I purchased online from Oh My Crafts (great deals!!!!), I had completed 8 bags in no time at all.
And while the Cricut was cutting, I started on the next project. Several years ago, I picked up 4 boxes of glass ornaments , in 2 different sizes--large and medium, at my favorite store, Big Lots, with the plan of making one of these great wreaths. They were really cheap to begin with, but I got them at an after Christmas sale, and then stored them away and promptly forgot about them. First thing, I used my hot glue gun to glue the tops on each ornament. This took longer than making the wreath, but I didn't want to have to worry about something popping off and breaking as I manipulated the wire and such. I opened an ordinary wire coat hanger and shaped it into a circle and began threading the ornaments onto the wire. I used all the ornaments (30 large and 36 medium) and could have really used one more box of each to completely fill the wire, but instead decided to cut off the wire with cutters and make the wreath a bit smaller. Here's the finished product! Quite nice and SOOOO easy. I think I'd like to add a bow or something to the top, but nothing looks quite right, so I'm hanging it "as is" for now.
Be First to Post Comment !
gayle said...

I LOVE IT!! I am going to keep this idea in mind...it looks like a craft I could tackle...ha ha!!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature