Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last Minute Gifts, Part Two

The other gift I made for Dan this evening is a Birthday Card Organizer. I could have purchased one, but they all seemed so "girly" and just didn't quite fit what I was looking for. So, I made my own. I wanted it to have a calendar for each month and a pocket of some sort to store cards in. In addition, I wanted an area to store Get Well and Sympathy cards. So, here's what I came up with.

I purchased a colorful three ring binder and a package of manila envelopes and set to work. First, I removed all the clasps from the envelopes. You don't have to do this, but Dan would have some difficulty managing these, so I just took them off and replaced them with velcro. (this is what I do with lots of my teaching games) I debated laminating the envelopes, as I do with teaching games, but decided against it since I just ran out of time I wanted Dan to be able to write on the calendar . I designed my own calendar pages and after printing them, trimmed them and mounted them on colored cardstock. I added a strip of patterned paper to the top and used my Cricut to cut out the letters of each month. I punched holes in the envelopes. . . . . . added file tabs to the sides (these are Post-It brand) and inserted them into the binder. I filled the envelopes with a variety of greeting cards that he can send to family and friends. I have been uploading the full tutorial over on Scribd, but it's taking forever, so I'll have to post the link later. Here's the tutorial if you want to download it here.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature