Friday, January 1, 2010

Word Of the Year

I've been inspired by the posts of Ali Edwards and Lisa Leonard to choose a word for the new year that has the potential to make an impact on your life. Ali states that "The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word. One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities." Of course, the process doesn't end with choosing a word. It really requires some sort of action to be effective, whether it be a way to put the word into action or an action to keep the word in the forefront of your mind. Actually, it might require both of these for me.

So my word for this year-----RISK. For me, that's a really scary word, but one that keeps appearing in my thoughts and one that I think will help me to continue to grow, physically, spiritually and mentally.

Now that I've blogged about it, I have some degree of accountability to take action. So here goes---
---printed and posted on the prayer board above my computer.
Be First to Post Comment !
debbie said...

Wow, Linda risk is a big word. Definitely opens up to lots of possibilities. It will be interesting to keep up with how this grows you.

I think I will try understanding. I will try to place myself in other people's shoes, I will walk their path, I will grow through a fuller understanding of where they are at the moment.

I like this challenge. It will make us better! Thanks for sharing it!

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature